Thursday 19 May 2011

Another day and night and day and night with 'Miss Daisy'

Llangollen to Oswestry to Llanfyllin to Shrewsbury

The prayer room in Llangollen was a peaceful haven or should that read ‘a piece of heaven’?. As I walked in I felt that I was home. Liezel had wonderfully facilitated a place of dwelling for the Lord and the Holy Spirit was gloriously present. I could describe the prayer stations but I’ll leave that to the film crew to give you a visual presentation (check this out at www.borderprayers.co.uk for those who are reading this on fb). I was there whilst the children’s prayer time was happening and ‘escaped’ into one of the quiet tents to be alone with God. We had business to do. For the first few days I’d really been feeling the battle and needed time alone to seek His face for the road ahead. My prayers were answered as the Offa’s Duke walkers came and we all prayed together for the blessings that are going back and forth across the borders but also for each other. I was so blessed by the Lord that by the time I got to Oswestry I was again full of hope and expectation and of course the Holy Spirit. It’s ok, those who know me know that I’m quite used to driving under the influence of the Spirit!! He always keeps me safe. It would be lovely if you could bless Liezel and Nathan in your prayers as having recently suffered a bereavement they have taken on the leadership of the church and that’s along with caring for a very young family.

And oh Oswestry. I love to worship and pray with like minded/hearted people and here I was welcomed as a long established friend. We prayed together into the evening and then I returned to pray in the morning having had a refreshing 2nd shower since leaving home! If anyone wants to bless me along route you can offer me a place to park my van, maybe electricity hook-up (I’ve got the necessary cable with ordinary plug) and a SHOWER ... lovely!

But it’s not about me. I’m glad to be a part of what God is doing.
I started yesterday by visiting Llanfyllin where the Lord has brought together some wonderful people who had set up a very intimate prayer room from the heart of a fellowship which was already releasing blessings into their community and are united as brothers and sisters of both nations to do so. The mix of Welsh and English Hymn singing was a great start and, as Yvonne commented, would not have been possible not that many years ago. ‘How good it is when brothers and sisters live together in unity’ Psalm 133:1 I saw here in this place what it will look like when these border lands are totally reconciled and have risen up in their destiny and give all of the glory and thanks to God.

Shrewsbury was my last visit for the day.
A place where we stopped and rested. We prayed with the regular Tuesday prayer meeting and actually hijacked it, quite intentionally, for we do come with an agenda, and fully prompted by the Holy Spirit we worshipped and prayed with these good people of Hereford. Then I had the joy of returning with ‘the walkers’ to pray again and we were greatly blessed to be joined by Richard Spenser, the vicar of Holy Trinity Belle View who has written a book called ‘Living Together in the Presence of God’ which tells the story of what God has done in their midst. We prayed a blessing over him and he us before we left and headed home to our hosts for a good night sleep.

This I saw as I prayed for Shrewsbury –
I saw the battlements around the town, not knowing if there are high walls but this is what I saw. Then a small child approached the wall sweeping it aside as a curtain and walked through it. I understood the Lord showing us that the battlements, the huge walls of hostility that have been defending the town of Shrewsbury from the Welsh is no longer solid but flimsy enough to be pushed aside even by a child.
I praise God for this. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindy you are so rock and roll, while also eing such a wondrous implementer of God's will. Your faithfulness, Zeal and willingness to just go with it, even if you will be uncomfortable in some way is always inspiring, and God looks upon that and smiles I'm sure, well you know He does cause you see great blessing come out of your faithfulness. I just read your prayer letter and now tis (i feel that i must be bling for not having noticed that you have a blog before... silly me) and I love you and am delighted. I hope God continues to bless and sustain you through this busy but exciting time. I love you and I'm prayong for you!! :] xx xx xx xx xx