Monday 16 May 2011

The Border Prayer Room Project - On the Road with 'Miss Daisy'

For the fortnight of 14th to 28th May I am on the road in my camper van, 'Miss Daisy' and I'll be visiting and encouraging 28 seperate prayer rooms.  the purpose of thesse prayer rooms is for people on the welsh side of the border to pray and declare blessings on those who live in england and the same back the othert way.  To read more about the project go to http://www.borderprayers.co.uk/.  Stay here to read my blog of my travels.

On the Road with ‘Miss Daisy’
From Chester to Flint to Wrexham to Whitchurch

The Chester prayer room was immense.  It was a huge space with three zones.  The first a place of seeking intimacy with the Father, oh yes! the second to pray for Chester and the surrounding area and the third to pray blessing on Wales.  The station I loved most was for ‘praying against injustice’.  It was so simple that I wondered why I’d not thought of it!  A paper chain from which you broke one of the links and wrote your prayer on it.  I just love the symbolism of breaking the chains – genius!  
Flint was a very different prayer room.  It was simple and uncluttered.  There were two elderly yet sparkly old ladies there, and they prayed. Oh how they prayed.  When the youth came into the prayer room they went into another room and they prayed some more.  Then through the night abour 6 committed prayer warriors took up a vigil.  I was so blessed to be included for a part of it.  One of these intercessors was a lady who has been healed of lupus, her testimony is both inspiring and challenging as she speaks of the hope that she has for others who suffer from the same disease.
The Wrexam prayer room, situated under the tower in St Giles Parish church, was again simple.  The most dazzling view from the top of the tower, which was 151 steps up a very narrow circular stairway, reminded me of Matthew 5:15-16 ‘Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.’  As I looked out across to Whitchurch, my next destination, the Lord showed me that if I could see places away in the distance, so could they see the tower on which I stood, with the right vantage point.  So the church of Christ needs not to be hidden but for His glory to be on display so that everywhere He will be visible.  In the churches yes, but on the streets also.  Streets that are littered with the consumerism and love of money which characterises the society we have created, littered with the hopelessness and despondency of generations who have forsaken God.  For these two nations to be changed, we, the bride of Christ have to be responding to the cry of Father’s heart.  And this, I believe, is what Go is stirring.  As one nation speaks out blessing to another and as the other does likewise, ancient wounds are being healed.  We heard from one intercessor that God had spoken these words last week, “I have moved the tectonic plates Wales.” She’s shared this with her son later and he told her that he’d heard an American speaking in Cardiff the night before and he’d said exactly the same thing!  Well with God shifting the ground under our feet the only safe place to be is in Him, responding to Him, totally in step with Him. 
As I went on to Whitchurch I had a headache that had been with me through the day, I was feeling very much in the battle, and really longing for this move of God that is unseen yet known to be, because sight is so much more than seeing with our eyes, or knowing with our emotions.  I longed for the Holy Spirit to reveal to me, to my as yet unseeing eyes even a glimpse of the victory that we are walking out (or driving out in my case!).  And at Whitchurch during a time of worship and corporate prayer He came and moved among us and touched us with His grace and mercy.  My headache was lifting and then as I chatted with my great friend Lynne all of the tension that I’d been under dissipated and sleep came wonderfully and restoratively.  Thank you Jesus.
I go on to Llangollen with an even greater understanding of God’s hand at work through this project.  I’m a part of it and I know that He will sustain me through it and provide for all of my needs – because He already has in Christ Jesus.

Lindy

No comments: