Monday 23 May 2011

A very long couple of days with Miss Daisy - Craven Arms – Knighton – Ludlow – Preseigne

Craven Arms – Knighton – Ludlow – Preseigne
I came into Craven Arms earlier than expected.  When I went back to Miss Daisy to settle down for the night I couldn’t settle.  Then I heard the Lord telling me to pack down the van and to move on.  He said, “I want you to leave here NOW!”  So I drove to Craven Arms and in not finding a place near the church to park and with the lateness of the hour I was unable to ring anyone for help so I parked in a lay-by.  I spent the night buffeted by the wind created by the big lorries as they thundered past during the night and especially in the early hours of the morning.  I felt really uneasy about this to start with and wouldn’t get into my pjs or sleeping bag until the Holy Spirit reminded me that Jesus had promised His angels to protect me.  So I settled down and slept solidly until the morning when I was exceedingly blessed to be able to prayer walk out on a country walk near the town which I accessed just opposite where I had parked.  Later I was told about about an incident which had happened just before I’d arrived at Church Stretton the day before where a man had stabbed his wife and then cut his own throat.  Neither had died but it explained the heaviness and dis-ease that I felt in that place.  When I came into Craven Arms Evangelical Church I was overwhelmed by the tangible presence of God.  I spent an hour and a half on my face, involuntarily,  and then stayed in the church until about 6.30pm drinking deep of the Spirit so freely poured out there and partaking of the food which was delicious and very much needed for my body.

Just to put you in the picture a little about what it’s like living, sleeping and travelling in Miss Daisy – when I arrived at Knighton, after staying and praying for a while I went to Pauline’s house and had a good long soak in a ‘Badedas’ bath.  Oh the bliss!  I felt almost human again.
Much of the night time slot was taken up by a priest from the Catholic church.  I stayed only a short time with him before bed beckoned me but he was an interesting character and clearly set on praying fervently for his English neighbours. Yes!!

I was busy at a conference in Newtown for nearly all of Saturday so only had time for a brief visit to Ludlow.  The church was all given over to praying for Presteigne.  They were totally selfless in seeking Jesus’ face to bless Wales.  Wonderful. 

I arrived in Presteigne in time to help Greg and Jon with the youth session.  There were just two young men there.  Brothers who both clearly know the Lord and were touched as we prayed for them.  The Lord graciously speaking to them through prophetic words and visions.  May they be blessed and grow on into the fullness of all that Christ Jesus has poured out for them.

We are enjoying greatly the fruit of the prayers prayed as the first week has been completed.  The flow of blessings and joy follows, overtakes us and comes back at us as we travel on.


No comments: