Monday 23 May 2011

Lindy praying and praising all the way in Miss Daisy - Llandrindod Wells – Leominster

I arrived late for the hand-over of the baton and book at Llandrindod Wells.  As I drove into the town a loud roaring shout rose up from deep inside, which I recognised, as the night before leaving Aberystwyth I’d had the same experience as we prayed for the project.  It was a battle cry in the spirit which broke the advance of oppression over the area.  I arrived expecting to hear what the battle was about.  Everyone, however had left the church except for two gentlemen who were praying in the beautiful prepared room which had been temporarily borrowed from the youth.  We spent a good half hour proclaiming blessing and speaking life over the Baptist Church and the people and town of Leominster.  As I tried to leave the town I was turned back by the Lord’s prompting and returned to the church in time for the children’s hour and spent much of the afternoon in fellowship with the lovely folk there learning what the spiritual needs are in the town and discovering what this barrage of oppression that I’d come against was.  I finally left knowing that the prayers being prayed in Leominster would be powerful and effective to break down strongholds. 

Of course this is Sunday and so there was going to be an evening service, which would be led by Greg Levers.  I was deeply impacted as he shared from the story of the feeding of the 5K, that we should be ready to give away all that we receive from Father God – and of course this is the very essence of the border prayers – ‘freely we’ve received so freely we give.’
The prayer room here was full of people right through the night.  It was vast, busy and full of really effective promptings and creative means of prayer.  And again God was, or should I say, IS tangibly present. 

“What I’ve found refreshing is that some of the older people who have come in to pray out of a sense of duty have been visibly softened as they’ve read the prayers and needs for prayer.”  This was a comment made by Katie Smith as their 24 hours come to an end.  There has been a paradigm shift in people concept of prayer and I don’t think they will ever be the same again.  As I sit in the prayer room writing this I’ve just heard an elderly gentleman mention that it has been a place of easy access to the Lord and that the Lord has been kept busy.

And all glory and honour and praise be to our God.
Amen

No comments: